jueves, 9 de julio de 2009

Sigmund Freud and Vienna


I have read some books of Sigmund Freud...

I like the concept of the Id, ego, and super-ego.

It was defined as the three parts of the psychic apparatus by Sigmund Freud, and it is considered the structural model of the psyche.

Almost 5 years ago I was reading some books regarding this issue, and then I decided to talk to my friend Tom who is a good psychologist and a great pastor about that. We were in a very nice cafeteria in the middle of Sao Paulo and he drew all the process in a piece of paper and showed me how it worked.

Sigmund Freud , was an Austrian neurologist and psychoanalyst who founded the psychoanalytic school of psychology.

He lived in Vienna at Berggasse where currently it is his museum.

One of my favorites books is The Interpretation of Dreams and he wrote this book exactly at Berggasse.

The book has to do with the understanding of unconscious mental processes.

It was good to visit his house and know exactly where he lived and worked for many years.

I have been to some cafeterias of Vienna where he spent time, and actually they are very well known in the city.

Freud had to flee and go to London due to the Nazis persecution and there, in London he died.

Fábio
Barcelona

No hay comentarios: