martes, 26 de agosto de 2008

The apostle Paul in Catalonia ?













...I plan to do so when I go to Spain. I hope to visit you while passing through and to have you assist me on my journey there, after I have enjoyed your company for a while. Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the saints there. For Macedonia and Achaia were pleased to make a contribution for the poor among the saints in Jerusalem... Romans 15:24-26

Did the Apostle Paul come to Spain?

The answer could be yes and not because some people say yes and some...

In fact, if the Apostle Paul came to Spain some people have said that he came to Tarragona or Tarraco...

The city was known and named Tarraco at the Roman times and now is named Tarragona and is located in the south of Catalonia, close to Barcelona.

Almost two years ago I went to Tarragona and saw a certain statue of the Apostle Paul that is written...
Paul has been one of the most important men of the History and has influenced the world by his teachings, writings and life...

Two years ago I started studying all the places of Europe related to the Apostle...

When I flew to Rome I visited the prison where Paul stayed and archaeologists discovered a sarcophagus beneath the altar of the Basilica of Saint Paul that is believed to be the burial place of Saint Paul containing the remains of the Apostle...

I have been exactly where Paul was beheaded by the Emperor Nero in 64-67AD...

In fact, it is absolutely interesting to visit and talk about these places because nobody is sure and knows if they are exactly the places that Paul has lived or died - except the prison in Rome...

On the other hand, everybody is sure that Paul was an extraordinary person...

Although the Apostle Paul has never lived in Catalonia or died where people suppose he died...

One thing I am sure that he was called by God in order to be able to affirm...

...For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!
I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me...Philipians 1:21-26

Fábio
Barcelona

No hay comentarios: